LABRLS




Tuesday, October 27, 2009

OATMEAL & NUTS COOKIES


Oatmeal & Nuts Cookies Recipe  @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

One of the tastiest cookies I ever baked.  Oatmeal & Nut Cookies  uses oat and chocolate chip but use almond instead since that was in hand.

The dough is quite easy to handle, but must place the cookies apart since it will expand when baking. Apart from chocolate chips, nuts and dried fruits are the best alternative.

After baking, let them sit in the baking sheet for 5 minutes since it is still soft and fragile. Transfer into wire rack to cool. My family love them so much, will definitely bake them often.

OATMEAL & NUTS COOKIES

1  cup all purpose flour
1/2  cup butter/shortening
1 cup oatmeal (rolled type)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2  cup chocolate chip/nuts/dried fruit
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2  cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1  tablespoon water/milk

METHOD:

Cream butter and sugar until light. Add the egg, one tablespoon of liquid and vanilla.

Now gradually add the dry ingredient to the butter mixture. Mix just well blended. Mix in chocolate chip.

Preheat oven @ 350F, lightly grease the baking sheet. Place tablespoons of batter and flatten with a fork. Leave space between the cookies as they will expand when baking.

Bake for 11 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before placing them on wire rack to cool.

Store in an airtight container when completely cool.

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  /  GOOGLE+ / TWITTER

8 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Oatmeal cookies are my all time favorite home baked cookie!!! Yum.

Sheherazade is my link to Show n Tell...a doll I finished for the Halloween Season coming up. I do hope you can find time to visit with me! Have a super Friday, and a blessed weekend.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I haven't made these in a long time! It's a very cool day today, it might be the perfect day to turn on the oven! Thanks!

Treat and Trick said...

Hootin' Anni...thanks for dropping by and leaving your lovely comment. Glad to meet "Sheherazade" soon.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy...I presume this perfect time to start baking dear..give it a try and let me know the outcome...

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining my Friday Potluck! Your blog is so pretty. These cookies look really good and very much like something I'd love to try one of these days!

Erin

Treat and Trick said...

Erin @ EKat's Kitchen...thanks for visiting my site and leaving your sweetest comment. Thanks for hosting. hope you will give it a try...

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

These sound delicious!

Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites! Hope to see you again this week!

Melodie said...

These look great. I love a nice warm oatmeal cookie. Thank you for linking up at Vegetarian Foodie Fridays!

Treat and Trick said...

Jerri..Thanks for dropping by, yes I will dear..

Melodie..Thanks for hosting and your lovely comment..